Saturday, November 1, 2014

There's always gonna be another mountain

Dear future hubster,
despite the self-confident and sharp image I may project, I am very often way too much concerned about what other people may think of me.
Sometimes, when climbing a mountain with Canadian soldiers, Australian outdoorises and Mexican capoeira teachers, and watching them passing by and getting to the peak without any visible difficulty, I get rather self-conscious because I have to stop every three steps and my breathing sounds like a lousy imitation of Darth Vader.
And then I tell myself that I still climbed the largest active volcano in Africa, and that it really doesn't matter if while doing so, I looked liked an unfit, fragile, whiny white girl. That volcano has not gotten any smaller because I got to the top slowly and am now in significant pain all over my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment