Sunday, November 23, 2014

But all the same I hate it

Dear future hubster,
it didn't take long for me to receive the first invitations to somebody's farewell dinner or drinks. A couple of weeks after my arrival, really. Back then, those were courtesy invitations, from people I met once or twice, or bulk ones, sent out to everybody under the sun.
Not much later though, I started receiving invitations to farewell parties of people I actually knew.
And then, sooner than I expected, started rolling in the ones for people I happen to care about.
I know the day will come, not so far from today, when I receive one from somebody I don't want to see leaving.
Isn't it ironic (and not in the misinterpreted Alanis Morissette way) that we keep going away, leaving people behind, but feel betrayed when others do the same?


No comments:

Post a Comment