Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Even though I may not be a nice girl

Dear future hubster,
after the Emma Watson speech I found myself reading more female empowerment-related publications than usual (it may as well be occupational hazard), and came to a somewhat surprising conclusion. 
I'm not sure I want to have that proverbial corner office, but I sure as hell want to have the choice. If I want to work at home to raise our beautiful and smart children, I don't want to be labelled as someone who's given up. And if I want to raise our beautiful and smart children while working outside our home, I don't want to be labelled as somebody who's not putting family first.  
Now this, in theory, is something everybody can (pretend to) accept with a light "of course". But you, dear future hubster, need to be prepared to have a future wife who's going to be sensitive, articulate and at occasions passionate about this. Because I also want all other women to have the same choice, and I want them to be able to choose knowing they won't be judged. 

No comments:

Post a Comment