Friday, October 30, 2020

Some say you will love me one day

 Dear future hubster, 

we all know the saying about the way to anybody's heart leading through their stomach. If you're a returning reader here, you also know that I have a tendency (and some skills) to feed people. 

While I can be rather adventurous and ambitious with my cooking (I had no issue inviting 10 people for a couscous dinner BEFORE I even asked my colleague for her mother's recipe because, well, I'd never made couscous before?), I also have a few items that I've practised and foolproofed over the years.

Some say that one of those will get me a husband one day. Now while getting a husband is not an ultimate priority for me, I also don't want said husband to be disappointed, or, worse, have an allergic reaction.

So it's better for you, dear future hubster, to know, that my current list of signature dishes are mostly desserts, although I make a mean vegan stuffed pepper too, and my zucchini pasta has earned some recognition as well. I hope you will find your heart's desire somewhere among the cheesecake, the jammy brownie, Raluca's lava cake, The New York Times' perfect chocolate chip cookie, the garlic cheese bread, or, if you happen to be vegan, the banana bread. 

Other recipes might be tried upon request - please send advance notification and don't expect perfection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment