Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Could have had a castle and worn a ring

Dear future hubster,
please be aware that when it comes to exes, high school crushes, imaginary boyfriends and almost-lovers, I will, in a very understated manner, always want them to regret it.
Not choosing me, that is. 
I wouldn't want them back, because if they didn't realise my unrivalled awesomeness, then clearly we weren't meant for each other, but I will somehow expect that one day they wake up with a facepalm and a worrying question: why did I let her go? At that point, I would also expect them to write a song about that loss. At least. 
Equally, I expect a regiment of your past romantic interests to feel a deep sorrow over not having chosen you. I expect them to ask themselves why.

The answer to that, which I'm more than happy to (smugly) provide to any of them asking, is simple:
So that you, dear future hubster, and I, can choose each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment