Wednesday, June 1, 2016

That's why we're a team

Dear future hubster,
although I can't tell future, I think most of the time I will admire you for being so practical and straightforward and disciplined and determined. Occasionally, I will be annoyed by how hard it is to get to you, and will worry that I will never really manage. Mostly, I will happily live in the belief that you can't be harmed. You can be annoyed, disappointed, but not hurt.
Until, inevitably, you are. Until that moment when a sudden and strong wave of cold fear for you washes over me, and I want to wrap you in something bulletproof and keep you somewhere safe. Until I can't sleep at night because I'm trying to figure out a way to protect you, knowing full well that ultimately, I can't.
Still, I will pick up the light saber and kick ass when it's my turn. For both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment