Friday, October 28, 2016

I could also use a neck massage right now

Dear future hubster,
although we may need to discuss the ROE in detail, I think acknowledgement of virtues of partners past should be acceptable occasionally. We're grown up, afterall, and will have a supportive, accepting, trusting and honest relationship.
In that spirit, I feel that this chilly October evening is a good moment for me to tell you how sweet I found it when one time a previous candidate, whom I hadn't seen for quite a while, and whom I wasn't going to see for a very long time, assessed my condition as "you need a nap", and simply brought me a pillow and blanket. He knew we had limited time together and that the future was blurry at best, but he also knew that I had been up since 5 that morning and had been having problems sleeping lately (not unrelated to said future being blurry). 
Said candidate didn't land the job, for various reasons. But not for his lack of strategic understanding. 
Afternoon naps, dear future hubster, are important parts of a healthy relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment