Sunday, November 12, 2017

Let me love you when your heart is tired

Dear future hubster,
the saying goes: we hurt the ones we love the most. But could it be possible that we also love the ones who are hurt the most?
I know I feel an overwhelming wave of powerful emotions when I see someone I love in pain. My heart is heavy because theirs is broken, and all the love I have for them wants to break out and wrap them up to soothe them, to walk with them until they find some ease. 
Does that mean I love them more when times are hard? Probably not. But it certainly reveals how important it is for me to see them safe and happy, and how helpless it feels when they are not, and it's not in my power to take the pain away. 
Best I can do is love them more, just a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment