Sunday, February 12, 2017

The man of the situation

Dear future hubster,
there will be times when I carry around a problem for a while, and it will take me about two days to blurt out "I need to talk to you". Fear not, it's probably not 'The' Talk, I just need you to sit while I pace up and down the living room, and rattle on about "and then I was thinking why not? but what if yes? but then I read about the balloons and the cheese and I don't know if I have the moral grounds to say that. But maybe I should? Am I overthinking?" and so on. By then, you would know that I don't expect you to solve it for me, but I do expect you to actually listen. Eventually throw in a question I didn't want to hear. Challenge my limiting beliefs. Make me think about it differently.
And when I have a Heureka moment, stop in the living room and tell you: "You're a genius!" although you feel you haven't said a word in the last half hour, don't hesitate, Just take the credit. You were there, in all your sounding board glory, and that was exactly what I needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment