Wednesday, February 1, 2017

And for Luka, on the second floor

Dear future hubster,
there will be times when I'll be upset, angry, unhappy, furious about something you did or didn't do. I will struggle on the inside, between not wanting to make you feel bad, knowing that you probably had no clue of the impact you've made, and that you certainly had no intentions to trigger the emotional reactions you have triggered. I will always be ready to forgive, and believe it won't happen again.
But at the end of the day I will always have to choose to call you out on your BS, to put you on the spot when you've been inconsiderate, irresponsible, selfish, or just unreasonable. I will choose to do that even if I secretly think that I'm being too demanding, too sensitive, too unreasonable myself. I will choose to do that, knowing that our relationship is based on honesty and openness, and that it's a safe place to voice my concerns and discontent.
I will choose to do that, because not everybody can. I will choose to do that on behalf of all the women who don't get to say no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment