Sunday, October 9, 2016

When September ends

Dear future hubster,
in short: I've missed autumn. 
In more words: I haven't been in Europe during the autumn months for the last two years, and although I have been aware of my missing the seasons in general, and the feeling of being stuck in a time warp where the length of the days doesn't change, where the weather is practically the same all year long, I didn't realize just how much I missed the smell of an October morning. The colours of the late afternoon sky, baby blue, but with grey creeping in. The morning chill, which makes me wear earmuffs and brings colour to my cheeks (even though I still have some of my African tan). The wild chestnuts falling from the trees, and the slow, lazy, orange sunsets over the hills. 
Equally importantly, I have missed the wardrobe choices I can make now. My polka dot tights and knee socks are ready to rock this season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment