Wednesday, August 3, 2016

The game is on again

Dear future hubster,
for quite a while, I considered myself being the one that constantly gets away, until one day I realized I'd become a Stayer. 
Then I thought being a Stayer was my true identity, that the real me was this breathing cornerstone that you can still find at the same place even after you've refurbished the entire building. Since I'm always looking out for some point of reference, I quite enjoyed the thought of being one. 
Until I became a Goer again. And then I liked that again; blank page, no haunting ghosts from a past known to everybody, skeletons well hidden in the suitcase, brand new chances. 
Except that you can only be a Goer for so long, and before you notice, you've chosen your points of reference, let the ghosts come out, built your relationships. Basically, I became a Goer who happened to stay.
And now I'm a bit of a Stayer who ends up going. I picked up a Newbie today, will give him keys and instructions, and introduce him to true Stayers. Those who actually stay.
Until, of course, they go. But by that time, today's Newbie will be a Stayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment