Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Our lives are made in these small hours

Dear future hubster,
you know how much I enjoy the "big" talks. The discussions on life and love and music and humanity, the joint soul-searching into the dark hours of the night. I develop a deep affection for the people who understand that "what am i doing with my life??" is a real question, and that sometimes anxiety wakes me up in the middle of the night because I'm worried about the future - ant not just mine, but yours, ours, the future of all of us.
But.
The beauty of the little things shouldn't be underrated. I love the people who are able and willing to stare at that big blood moon over the Indian Ocean with the same excitement as I do; I will definitely need (and want) somebody in my life whom I can tell how I almost killed myself falling down the stairs of the bathroom in my heels, and who understands what a terrible way of dying that would have been, and recognizes the importance of decent underwear during a near-death experience. (What if I die in ugly undies??)

No comments:

Post a Comment