Sunday, July 5, 2015

What if there was no time

Dear future hubster,
sometimes I wonder whether you should be addressed as "Dear Could-have-been Hubster". 
Because there is a chance, and probably one that gets fatter every day, that by the time you and I meet, you will have grown tired of waiting for me and built up your pretty normal life with your pretty normal wife and pretty normal kids (optionally pretty normal dog), while I have been doing what felt right, or what felt the least wrong, or what I wasn't afraid of doing but wasn't dead bored thinking of doing. 
None of us has done it wrong, but doesn't it scare you from time to time that one day you'll be sitting there, hit by the sudden thought that "bam! she could have been the one!" and knowing too well that that boat is gone?
(Side note, albeit an important one: pretty normal is not something I could do.)

No comments:

Post a Comment