Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Imaginary love to start with

Dear future hubster,
I should have been warned. Somebody should have reminded me that this is the time of the year when spring happens on full blast. Somebody should have known, and informed me, that it's easy to not miss winter when you live in eternal summer, but the end of winter is a whole different story. That the moment when winter ends, and the whole world seems to be coming back to life is not something one can ignore. Certainly not me.
For I was caught off guard. The silent, relieved sigh of the world, realizing that it is not over, that there are new chances and fresh starts, caressed my soul, just as the soft cool breeze caressed my face. To nobody's surprise, I got carried away: the morning chills and the afternoon warmth, the setting sun in my face when I drive and the winds in my hair when I walk filled my little heart, the one that hasn't been in use for quite a while, until I felt like it was going to explode. And I would have gladly had it explode.
For it felt like being in love. With life, with the sunshine, the smell of stinky trees, with the open spaces, the way the lights change, with the passing time, with eternity and the end of things. With love itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment